Hi everyone! I have been so busy, but I have lots to share. First, like my picture shows, I'm 7 months old!! Fast, huh? Mommy says that I'm closer to 1 than a newborn. She gets sad when she says that. Don't worry, mommy, I'm still your baby girl.
So, if you didn't already figure it out, I took my first trip to Hong Kong. Mommy and daddy tell me that it's another country and it was very far away. It was such a long flight that the plane actually let me sleep in a bassinet.
The main reason we went to Hong Kong was to see my Tai Po (Great Grandmother). She's 93 years old and still so pretty. She was so surprised to see us!
After meeting her, we went out to dinner, but I was so tired. Daddy said I had jet lag. I don't know what that is, but I just want to sleep!
My cousin Elliot was on the trip also, and I guess he had jet lag also. We all woke up at 3 am and played together.
I started eating real food...well, it's really mush, but it tastes good!
I also rode in a car without my car seat. Mommy says it's not safe, but I think I like this more.
I spent a lot of time meeting people. I met some of Yea Yea's friends...
and Tai Po's younger brother. I guess he's my great grand uncle.
Later that night, we went out to dinner where you actually picked out the seafood so they can cook it. Look at how big the fishies are!! Uncle Ryan also picked up a lobster that was almost as big as me! What are those long things sticking out?
Mommy says that in Hong Kong, there's lots of shopping to do, so obviously we did a little of that. Cousin Elliot and I decided to sport a couple of hats at the store. What do you think?
Daddy had a great idea to take mommy and I to Hong Kong Disneyland. Mommy told me that it's the Happiest Place on Earth! It was so fun!
We took lots of pictures. I met Pluto, who is a big, big doggie. I also saw a parade, and mommy bought me my first Mickey Mouse ears. They're pink!!
Besides hanging out with mommy and daddy, the other fun thing that day was meeting Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Mommy says Disneyland is Mickey's home. Wow, he has a big home. Mickey even gave me a kiss with his nose. They are both so nice.
By the end of the day, Elliot and I were pretty tired. But, on my way home, Dai Goo Je had me in a laughing fit. She's so funny!!
I also went swimming for the first time. Mommy got me a little swimsuit and we went swimming at Goo Po's (Great Auntie Veronica's) place.
Finally, Great Uncle Allen took us to a restaurant that served up a big souffle for dessert. I didn't get to eat it, but daddy did sneak me a little ice cream. I like it when he does that, but mommy doesn't.
Well, that's about it. It was a short trip, but a lot of fun. Stay cool!
Bye!
Wow Alyssa! I thought you might still have jet lag, and yet, you put up this blog already! Good girl. Elliot will get to his eventually. You were a fabulous traveler and we miss you already!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I think you meant Great great uncle for Tai Po's younger brother...
ReplyDelete